Sunday, January 29, 2006

4 pounds!

I've lost 4 pounds! I feel so happy about that - and happy about how I've done it without starving or anything like it. I feel a shift in my daily habits, which is just as exciting as the lost weight.

The "www.myfooddiary.com" site is definitely key. I can't recommend it enough.

I love that the online tool also calculates exercise.

Also helpful - my new coworkers are quite supportive of being healthy. Several of them are trying to eat well and lose weight, and my boss actually changed the food for a kick-off meeting from cookies to fresh fruit. How nice!

My only frustration is that I still feel so far away from a weight I feel good about. That old "drop in the bucket" feeling. I try to remind myself that I'd rather be going in the direction of fewer pounds than continued weight gain. Patience! I also tell myself that time flies by quickly, so if I just keep plugging along, it will all add up and I'll be really happy about it.

Plug plug plug. I might also let the Nutrisystem people send me another month of the vegetarian food, just for the convenience of it. It's nice to be able to choose their food or create my own, depending on whether I have time to cook or feel like I need some fish or something.

No comments: