Tuesday, January 17, 2006

food finally arrives


Finally, on Monday, my shipment of food from Nutrisystem arrived. Of course, I suddenly had all kinds of second thoughts about it. But it arrived before I'd eaten breakfast, so I dove right in and started Monday. The food is only medium exciting and I sometimes think, hey I could make better food than this and still keep it healthy. But the evidence is that so far, I have not done that. Plus, when I start my new job (on Thursday), I bet I'll be happy for the convenience.

I took the dog for a walk yesterday and will meet a friend to do the same today. I have adjusted my invites to friends from 'let's lunch' to 'let's walk', so that's a good new habit to develop.

I felt slightly hungry this morning, but I bet my stomach is just adjusting its size.

I weighed myself yesterday and am currently 246.5. Yoiks - an all-time high. I'd like to see myself eventually weighing closer to 150, although I may find that I like how I look and feel at about 170, since I am 5' 10". It seems very far off. I will just focus on day by day progress & success.

Here is my humble and nerdy thin person fantasy: hook up with a nice outdoorsy guy, buy him a sweater from Eddie Bauer as a surprise gift. He puts on the sweater, loves it, smiles appreciatively, strips sweater (and all else) right off and we make big nerdy love.

No comments: