Tuesday, January 03, 2006

So we begin...

Ah, it's a cliche, but here I am joining the hordes, the masses, in a quest for fitness. I am just sick of being blobby and am getting old enough to worry about my health too.

I met my sister for a brisk walk this morning and it miraculously held off from raining on us for the 35 minutes or so we were out. It is so helpful to 'have to' meet someone.

Late last night, I was tossing and turning and just not able to sleep. I got up and got myself a cup of milk and logged on to the web to research what it might cost to join Jenny Craig. I've had tons of time to arrange my own food but haven't, so feel like it's time to turn the organization over to someone else until I get into the new swing. What I found online was that Nutrisystem was just as good as Jenny Craig but a whole lot cheaper.

So I took a deep breath and - click click- I'd ordered a month of their food, veggie style to help with the high cholesterol too.

I went back to bed after ordering the Nutrisystem feeling relieved. I'm feeling ready, not in a gung-ho kind of way but in a "I give" kind of way. Which has worked perfectly as far as alcohol for more than 17 years, so let's hope it will also work for food.

I said a little prayer last night too, offering my food and fitness problems and issues up to God. I laughed at myself a bit and added in my prayer that of course I offer all management of my life to God. With that, I threw my hands up in a 'tossing it your way, Big Guy' gesture and fell asleep.

No comments: