Maybe reading about someone's journey to food health is the most boring exercise ever invented, but I plod on since the writing part is therapy for me... and to heck with you!
Yesterday was a binge-y day that started out fairly normally but just got noodled by stress and boredom. By the time I hit evening, I had ordered a pizza to be delivered and now, this next morning, my face is all puffy and I'm sluggish from all that refined flour.
I tossed 3/4 of the pizza into the trash bin, so there's progress for ya.
Hopefully, the Nutrisystem food will arrive today and I can get focused on that tomorrow.
On the positive (acc -entuate the positive, eeeee liminate the negative) side, I did get out to the river-side park to take the dog on a brisk walk. It was so great to be out in the sun after all the rains. I commiserated with a young mom out there with three kids about the cabin fever and she laughed in a way that told me (unoffensively) that until I'd been stuck inside with three kids, I didn't know from cabin fever.
Also, I emailed the Nutrisystem counselor person about whether the diet dips calories below 1200 a day. From all that I've read, that would be a bad thing to do to my metabolism and would actually set my body to "save fat, we're starving" mode and just frustrate my efforts. So far, no response, but they promise a 24-hour turn-around.
Thursday, January 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Please don't think that it is irrelevent to your readers. We all need to find our health one way or another. Mine is from Multiple Chemical Sensitivity caused from exposure to the Neurotoxins from mold. I totally understand how hard it is to give up foods, and try to eat healthy. I have to watch the food I eat because of the harm it causes my body. I wish you all the good health you can have, and know this you have a supporter and someone who won't judge you by whatever you write. Best Wishes and you can do whatever you put your mind too.
Post a Comment