Sunday, February 26, 2006

great meeting - topic humility and God's sense of humor

heard today - "I did a bang up job speaking and afterwards lots of people came forward to give me accolades. I kept saying humble things like, 'well, i was just letting God speak through me.' At the end, a real old-timer came up to me and said, 'Good pitch, son.' I repeated that it wasn't me talking, it was God speaking through me. The old-timer said, 'It wasn't THAT good."

also heard - "I wish I could just get my 'God' chip and quit being imperfect and having to be humbled. But I guess I have to be human and then I have to go to Home Depot."

1 comment:

ferenge mama said...

"But I guess I have to be human and then I have to go to Home Depot."

love this!!

glad to see you are still blogging away.

keep on truckin.