In my harried work brain of last week, I had a dim image that it would indeed be fun to go to "Taylor's Refresher" this weekend, along with a bunch of other activities I had planned, but I was so unaware of what "refresh" would really mean. And thank goodness, I got all kinds of "refresh" - spiritually and physically. 
Friday night, Susan and I joined Noreen and Molly at a local fave, Sushi to Dai For. The conversation was wonderfully focused on recovery and being useful and how Susan is doing in Boston with family and new sponsees.
Saturday was wonderfully unstructured. I have made a commitment to do 30 minutes of movement 5 days a week, so I headed out to the beach just on the other side of the tunnel and had a lovely walkies. I get frustrated that my lower back starts aching badly after about 20 minutes, but hopefully I will get past that.

That evening, Susan and I headed over to Spenger's, a place I've been keen to try for years. Dad used to point it out and I wished I could give him a ring and tell him I finally did go there.
Sunday morning, I headed up to Napa to pick up G and M and journey up Highway 29 to the beautiful old Tucker Farm Center just outside Calistoga. G spoke and it was really inspiring - felt very reconnected to the program and had a great optomistic surge of energy and hope about how rich life can be when I do work the steps and get involved. Quite great.
We then took ourselves to St Helena and had the much-anticipated chow at Taylor's Refresher, which was just as delicious as I dreamed. Also the weather was just perfect and it was fun to see families with little kids all running around on the green grass.

No comments:
Post a Comment