OK, filling up my "kick ass / I'm great" self by noticing, celebrating even the smaller moments of progress.
day before yesterday
- actually realized a tv program was boring and turned it off, read a book instead
- had a bowl of soup for dinner after a very big lunch (out with relatives - mom's birthday thing), instead of continuing to stuff myself, and it was just fine. i like minestrone.
- dealing with mom herself instead of eating at my fears about her (helps that i have been praying for her)
yesterday
- bought a tape measure, measured waist, took mental note of number, did not start bawling, asked myself to think of it as helpful data
- went to Trader Joe's, got a good mix of stuff - veggies, but also bagel chips. confronted and took a pass on the 4 different varieties of chocolate bar at the cash register
- ate a lot of vegetables
- walked 20 minutes (up & back from College for lunch)
- decided "YES" on getting the dog that Clare found
today
- chatted with a couple of trusted work friends about how I was excited that I got a bike and am wanting to ride it to work, that I am increasing activity and that 'the food will just sort itself out.'
- got my legs waxed. the matter-of-fact manner of the lady who does the waxing was very positive. it was like, well, here are some legs. i felt totally comfortable.
Tuesday, May 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment