Sunday, August 20, 2006

don't worry

The theme in today's meeting up in Napa had to do with worry and how it is antithetical to faith. It also included reminders about powerlessness over other people and about how after you do pray and let go, you need to remember that God is not FedEx. That things happen in God's time.

How perfect - needed to hear that.

I've been so worried about my money and house and commute and all the logistics that I had gotten periodically paralyzed. Then I would need to get myself back into action again.

To rent the house, to sell? To move to Berkeley or not? To borrow some money to pay property tax and just commute? These are the questions.

And then there may even be a new wrinkle. There may be an opportunity for me to stay with my current company (which I am really digging) and working for them from either New York or DC in a slightly different role. It seems to be a move toward client-facing work again, something I've always enjoyed. So my mind is awhirl with thoughts and images of New York. I have very little mental material about the DC area, just one or two trips out near Sterling, which was pretty boring. What's nice is that I do not have to decide anything about any of this today.

I need to keep my feet in today, as Susan L always says.

No comments: